When traveling I tend to put so much junk into my bag because I always think when I don’t pack something I am going to need it. Therefore, when I travel I have to strategically think of things I will need and things I can do without. When traveling by flight you become limited on what can go into a carry-on or personal item; shout out to TSA for keeping me in check with over stuffing. LOL! Anyway, my recent travels took me to LA, California and I wanted to share the few things I carried in my personal travel bag.
- Portable charger: I find it difficult most of the time to find an outlet to recharge my phone between connecting flights or when I arrive to my destination so, I invested in a small portable charger for $8 from Target.
- A book: I think reading is very fundamental and helps to stimulate my brain. During my last travel adventure I read “Not Posted” a memoir composed by Tabitha James it was a quick read and very motivational. A little motivation goes a long way when you are traveling and thinking about your next move or just thinking about life in general!
- Journal: I carry a journal around with me everyday to capture new ideas when they hit me. When traveling I find it very vital to have my journal to capture the “in the moment” thoughts and events. I sometimes use my phone for jotting down ideas but there is nothing like using pen on paper!
- Cash: In order to control my expenses I took out a certain dollar amount of cash from my bank account for my trip. Sometimes I stay on budget and sometimes I go over. In 2018 I am trying to stick to a monthly budget and work on increasing my savings so, it is very important to me right now that I stick to my plan.
- Light jacket: I want to be comfortable during my travels so I took a light jacket with me just in case I get cold. The temperature in the airport can be a hit or miss. I always end up in a airport that is very cold and the same goes for the temperature on a plane. When there is an overnight flight most airlines provide small blankets but I never like to gamble with the idea.
- Ear buds: I always take ear buds for music and watching movies/videos during my travels to stay entertained. They also come in handy as noise blockers when there is a fussy infant or toddler on board the flight.
- Snacks: Once inside the airport, depending on the duration of my flight, I sometimes grab a few snacks because I normally fall asleep and miss when the flight attendants come around with the pretzels and crackers.
I hope me sharing what was in my travel bag will help someone else prepare for a trip and be able to pack a few things he or she didn’t think to pack before. Happy traveling and always pack your main essentials first.