Let’s face it, life is demanding – work, family, bills, organizational commitments, social life (ha) – we spend a lot of time doing “the things”. Our personal wellness and mental health often fall victim to neglect as we focus on getting “the things” done and maintaining the moving parts of life. For many, the thought of travel is a luxury, an illusion that time away from “the things” will be relaxing and refreshing however the lingering notion that there is no time for vacation haunts the mind. Continue reading “The Importance of Travel and Mental Health by Tabitha James”
Living a healthy lifestyle or starting a exercise routine may have come up on your list of “to do’s” this year. If so, I’m here to share some inspiration with you. The statement above resonates so loud. It’s a declaration of truth to help us stay on track. No one ever said the truth would not hurt. So, “If you’re tired of starting over, Stop giving up”.
You have to have strength in-order to accomplish the things that seem too hard. No matter what don’t give up; keep looking up and not down.
Eat Breakfast: Eating breakfast can give you the extra strength you need.
- Work out: Being physical active plays a key role in reducing and preventing the effects of stress. At least 30 minutes of exercise, three times per week, will release a great amount of stress and tension one may have.
- Prepare for the morning the night before: Your morning can go a lot smoother and quicker.
- Learn how to say No: It is OK to tell someone no and take time for you.
- Say something nice to someone: Receiving a smile or compliment from someone else can put someone in a better mood.
- Believe in yourself: If you don’t believe in yourself, who will?
- Stop saying negative things to yourself: You are only the person you settle to be.
- Dance when no one is looking: It is a good mini workout but it also helps to release tension and stress.
- Do something you love: When you treat yourself to something you enjoy, you will be feeding your happiness.
- Keep a journal: When you can’t speak your words, write them down.
- Get enough sleep: The brain cannot function correctly without sleep.
- Keep a “To Do” list: Writing down your tasks will allow you to strive to complete the list
- Just Enjoy Life!! Live Love Life!
1. LISTEN TO MUSIC: Listening to music makes me feel better and places me in a better mood. The type of music I listen to depends on the mood I may be in. If I am stressed I normally listen to R&B or Hip Hop so I can dance around in my room. Yes, I dance around in my room when no one is looking. Besides, “Music is what feelings sound like.”