1. Amsterdam, The Netherlands: I watch HGTV on a regular, especially International House Hunters! On television Amsterdam appear to be a quaint area with a deep history. When I do get the chance to visit Amsterdam, I would love to stay on the canal and near the heart of town. I want to explore the town by foot or bicycle and be close to local shops and eateries. A few places on my radar to visit is the House of Anne Frank, The Purse and Bag Museum, and one of the several Art & History Museums.
2. Tuscany, Italy: After watching “Under The Tuscany Sun” I have had the desire to travel to Tuscany. In the movie the main character stepped out of her comfort zone. She purchased an historical home in a foreign country and built a new life for herself.
3. Hawaii, US: I want to visit Hawaii because it appears to be a beautiful location, well it looks gorgeous from photos. The beach is my favorite place to be in the world and Hawaii is a string of islands with several beaches to explore.
4. St. Augustine, Florida: Every since I learned that St Augustine is the oldest city in the US I have become intrigued with exploring the city. There’s no particular place I want to visit while I am there; I just want to explore the area, eat good food, and take several photos a long the way.
5. London, UK: I would love to visit London during the winter. I know the weather is much colder compared to the Carolinas but I believe it will be an amazing site to see the Christmas lights and the historical buildings of London in the winter. Another reason is because London is filled with several art museums and historical places I would love to visit.
When there is all work and no play you can stress and burn yourself out. Taking a break from work allows you to rejuvenate. When you are burned and or stressed out it becomes hard to focus on what needs to be done, to make sound decisions, you become stressed, emotional, and the list can go on. To protect your sanity, you must know when enough is enough. It’s OK to say no to things that you may not want to do or don’t have time for and it’s OK to take a break and go on vacation.
Taking a break releases stress and allows for you to regather your thoughts. When you head back to work you might be smarter at your job according to Health.com. In the article “5 Reason to Plan Your Vacation Right Now, ” Health mentioned that stress can have an impact on decision making therefore, after taking a few days off with no stress you will be able to make more thoughtful decisions at work. I find this to be very true. I have taken several breaks away from work I was able to go back with a clear mind and think differently.
Sometimes it becomes hard to take a break from work especially, when you are always on the go, making decisions and trying to stay two steps ahead of the game, traveling, networking and the list can go on. When you are in a leadership role sometimes it’s even harder to step away from these things. However, you must think of your health physically and mentally in order to make sure you are living a healthy lifestyle instead of just winging it. You always want to bring your best self always in order to set a positive tone and develop great productivity, you can’t do this without taking care of yourself.
Remember, it’s OK! Go ahead and take a vacation away from work. If you don’t have anywhere in particular you would like to go or maybe you can’t afford to go anywhere now, plan a stay-cation and enjoy what your town or neighboring cities have to offer. There are several free things to take part in far as festivals, museums, shows, and a variety of events that may be open to the public. Don’t forget the one thing that will be free is relaxation at home doing something you have been wanting to do: read a new book, binge watch your favorite Netflix shows or cook that dinner you have been meaning to cook. We all have different things that relax us; just know when its time to relax and know it’s OK.
Happy New Year! Waving goodbye to 2017 and saying HELLO to 2018! At the beginning of each year several people go into the ” New Year, New Me” phase. For me, in 2018 I am pushing myself to follow through with my goals and dreams, become financially stable, and handle my mental and emotional stress in a different way.
2017 was a year of me going through hardship, understanding, self-love, and knowing when enough is enough. I struggled with staying on top of my finances and not really planning things out. I struggled with understanding what was for me and what was not for me which pushed me into “self-love” mode. Enough is enough
Talking about sex is completely healthy! Discussing it with your partner should not be a taboo subject. We listen at it on the radio, we see it in films/TV shows, and see advertisement about it on a day to day bases.
Without communication you won’t know what your partner is into and you may be holding back
No matter where I am in the world if there is a beach I will be there. The beach is my favorite place to visit. It’s my calm place and where I go when I need to be a lone. The sound of the waves soothes me and the breeze from the waves makes me feel rejuvenated.
There is something about looking out into the ocean and listening to the waves that makes me feel everything will be okay. I can spend hours on the beach without realizing the amount of time passing by because I become at ease. On January 13th I was stressed and missing home, so I drove to North Myrtle Beach, SC and spent three hours on the beach without realizing it. Living close by the beach is something I miss so I take advantage of every opportunity I receive.
A glimpse of different beach adventures!
One of my first visits back to Myrtle Beach, SC after my move to North Carolina
The day the beach became my favorite place.
The water was very cold in June! Barcelona, Spain
Quick stop before I head back to North Carolina. North Myrtle Beach
View from hotel room! Cancun, Mexico
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Montego Bay, Jamacia
Writing on the beach calms me as well.
North Myrtle Beach
Sunrise in Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach, SC
I admit that I am an avid coffee drink. I love the taste and I am always on the look out for small coffee shops. Three local places that I have discovered is
Look for souvenirs outside the gift shop
When traveling try to avoid gift shops when purchasing souvenirs. There will be unique and original finding when visiting street vendors and random stores you come across while traveling. Looking for original art became a thing for me when I took my first international trip to Europe. While visiting Europe
Stress takes a toll on many people from time to time.
We overload ourselves and wonder whether we really can cope with the pressure that come a long with it.
When I become stress, I exercise, watch a movie, or listen to music. During my senior year of high school I realized that running helped me to release stress. I can’t focus on anything such as studying, completing school work, and etc when stress builds upon on me.